The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites, similar to; Folded Book Art or Used Model Trains For Sale.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section provides information as relates to EU users’ rights, and Dr-Hyphen’s responsibilities, under this regulation.
- EU User Rights
If you are a Dr-Hyphen customer or newsletter subscriber in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to Dr-Hyphen’s handling of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please see below.
Users outside the EU may also request explanation, correction, deletion or copies of their personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- a. Explanation and copies of your data
- You have the right to request an explanation of the information that Dr-Hyphen has about you and how Dr-Hyphen uses that information.
- You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that Dr-Hyphen collects about you if collected on the basis of consent or because Dr-Hyphen requires the information to provide the services that you request.
- b. Correction
- If Dr-Hyphen has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information. Please see the section titled “Explanation, Copies and Correction” below for more information on correcting, or requesting correction of, your information.
- c. Deletion
- Users may request deletion of their personal details at any time. You can do this by unsubscribing from a mailing list, with a link found at the bottom of all emails we send to you. We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law. This information is normally stored for seven years and cannot be used to contact you, or be shared with any other party
- d. Objections and complaints
- Users in the EU have the right to object to Dr-Hyphen’s processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. Dr-Hyphen may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR.
- Users in the EU also have the right to file a complaint relating to Dr-Hyphen’ handling of your personal information with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Their contact information is as follows:
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
(+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00
- You may also submit questions, comments or complaints to DR-HYPHEN’s Data Protection Officer.
- Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, Dr-Hyphen processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
- a. The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request
- Dr-Hyphen must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
- Name and email address so a unique record is created to email you from our database. These emails should only ever contain information we believe you would find valuable and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.
- An address for invoices
- b. The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others
- Dr-Hyphen may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
- c. The processing is necessary for Dr-Hyphen’s legitimate interests
- Dr-Hyphen collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide customer support.
- d. The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties
- Dr-Hyphen collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.
- Dr-Hyphen may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
- e. Consent
- Dr-Hyphen may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
- Dr-Hyphen relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user experience. If you are an EU user, the following types of data collections or uses are done on the basis of your consent.
- Full name
- Email address
- An address for invoices (not for all instances)
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
- Web Design Wales
v.2.0 2018 customised by Dr-Hyphen